Reabilitação Psicomotora | 9703
Ana Isabel Amaral Nascimento Rodrigues Melo, Ph.D.
Filipe Manuel Soares de Melo, Ph.D.
Years: 3 Semesters: 6 ECTS Credits: 180
To train professionals for intervention focused on the learning and motor behavior processes by understanding the cognitive, physical and social-emotional (dis)adjustments viewing health and quality of life promotion; to evaluate and establish psychomotor profiles; to design and implement psychomotor intervention programs in cooperation with other professionals; to participate in orientation, consultancy and advice in the different areas of psychomotor intervention at personal, family, and community levels, particularly among people with learning disabilities, disabled or handicapped, and with mental illness.
Please click here.
The intervention of Psychomotor Technician is developed in a prevention, education and reeducation / therapeutics perspective in hospitals, health centers, psychiatry and pediatrics services, addiction care centers, private social solidarity institutions (CERCI, APPACDM), host homes for and child and youth welfare, day care centers and homes for the elderly; nurseries, kindergartens, schools, and private clinics.
- Graduates who were employed in activity sectors related to the area of the cycle of studies: 93%
- Graduates who were employed one year after completing the Course: 93%
Admission to a higher level of studies
Admission to the Master in Psychomotor Rehabilitation.
Conclusion of secondary education with specific admission exams.
- Pre-requisites: not applicable
- Admission exams: Biology and Geology
- Minimum Admission grades: Admission exams: 95, and Application: 95
- Target: Holders of the 12th Form Certificate
- Bottom place Score: 128,5 - 1st phase; 127,5 - 2nd phase (2013/2014)
The course has five scientific areas, namely:
- Biology of Physical Activities
- Pedagogy and Intervention Methodologies in Motor Activities
- Psychology and Motor Behavior
- Sociology, Cultural Studies and Management of Physical Activities and Sports
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Tuition fee for 2015-2016: 1063,47€
Rules and Regulations
All the course modules have the following evaluation models:
- continuous evaluation
- two different exam periods
Attendance is an evaluation criterion, preferably in the practical-laboratory courses.
The final 1st cycle Diploma and corresponding Supplement is awarded after completion of all the course modules.
The course modules Internship Activities I and II have their own regulations.